We are now referring emergencies to an animal emergency and trauma center in Winston Salem – 336-896-0902. Please call the office: Press Option 1 and you will be directly connected to the emergency center – Or you may leave a non-emergency message by pressing Option 2.
There are quite a few different reasons your pet may need immediate emergency care. Are you unsure if your scenario is in need of an emergency visit? Below is a general list of injuries that require immediate care. If your pet is experiencing one of these scenarios, please call our referral emergency services at 336-896-0902.
Your pet needs immediate care if they are:
- is having difficulty breathing
- is suddenly disoriented or unconscious
- is having difficulty standing or walking
- has had or is having a seizure
- has a distended abdomen
- has uncontrollable bleeding including urine and feces
- is in significant pain
- has been vomiting or had diarrhea for 12 hours or more
- has symptoms of heat stroke
- has not urinated for 12 hours or more
- is having difficulty in labor
- is in exteme pain
- Unsure call and find out if it needs immediate attention